As a survivor of abuse, Brandi Powell’s empathy for the women who are struggling in our communities is far reaching. From broken relationships with family and friends to understanding a person’s self-worth, Brandi’s experience in helping women to heal is broad and deep, allowing them to discover their inner freedom and power.
In 2011, Brandi began a journey of healing from the wounds of past pain and abuse. During this time of growth and renewal, a new passion arose in her to help other women find the same hope and healing.
In 2015, Brandi left her staff position at a church to pursue the call to support women, one-on-one, that God was bringing into her life. Since that time, Brandi has focused on mentoring, empowering and encouraging women who have experienced and survived pain and/or abuse. She has guided women from all walks of life to discover the freedom and power they have, to overcome adversity. Her conviction that every woman matters and her skill at mentoring has led Brandi to found Village of the Valley (VOTV).
VOTV seeks to mentor and empower women who feel “stuck” and need help developing a skill or skill set to move them forward into a place of freedom. VOTV is not for women who are in immediate danger or a crisis.
VOTV Mentors Provide Support in These Areas:
- Emotional – Understanding how emotions work and how to react to feelings in a healthy way
- Life Skills – Learn new life skills and/or coping skills how to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life
- Spiritual – Open/Non-judgmental space is created for a woman to explore her relationship with the divine or grow in their own spirituality
- Relational – Support with various relationship dynamics including romantic, family, and friendships
Brandi’s Training and Education:
- Professional Healing Coach – Life Coaching certificate from Southwest Institute of Healing Arts
- Facilitator Mentor, Certified Trainer, and Small Group Facilitator – Mending the
Soul: Understanding and Healing from Abuse Resources
- Advanced Computer Information Systems, Associate Arts – Rio Salado College, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
As Brandi continues to mentor and grow Village of the Valley, she needs your support. Brandi’s salary and ministry expenses are fully funded by donations. Help Brandi reach and lead more women into a life free of limitations because of their lack of resources or support.
For tax-deductible contributions, please make checks payable to “Community Ministries” or “CMI” and mail to:
PO Box 1245
Tempe, AZ 85280-1245
To give online by credit card or ACH withdrawal, scroll to the top of this page and click on the “GIVE NOW” button. Then select Brandi Powell – Village of the Valley (VOTV) from the drop-down menu and fill out the online form. You can contact Brandi at – email@example.com or 602.561.8529