Arizona natives, Ben and Sarah first met in 1980 at a prayer meeting at Quo Vadis Books in Tempe while students at Arizona State University. They were married in 1983, and have a daughter, Rebekah. Over the years, they have focused their prayers and ministry on the ASU campus and surrounding community by encouraging the Body of Christ to be “fitly joined together” (Ephesians 4:15-16). Their guiding purpose is to seek Biblical unity among Christians to fulfill the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.*
* See scriptures on Biblical unity: Psalm 133, John 17:20-23, Acts 2:42-47 and 4:32-35, Romans 12:4-8 and 15:5-7, I Corinthians 12:12-30, Ephesians 4:1-16, Philippians 1:27 and 2:1-4, Colossians 3:12-15; the Great Commandment: Matthew 22:37-40, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14; the Great Commission: Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8.
Ben has worked in full-time vocational Christian ministry since 1997. As a minister with Community Ministries International (CMI), he focuses on the campus of Arizona State University and the community of Tempe in the following roles:
- Campus minister to ASU faculty/staff with the Aslan Society (www.aslansociety.org)
- Co-Director developing the Arizona Center for Christian Studies
- Facilitator of a network of collegiate ministry leaders, sponsoring united Christian outreaches and events on campus such as Veritas Forum (www.veritas.org)
- Member of the Council of Religious Advisors at ASU (http://students.asu.edu/cora), and a leader the President’s Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge at ASU
- Ambassador for Campus Renewal Ministries (www.campusrenewal.org) and board member for the LoveASU student prayer movement (www.loveasu.com)
- Volunteer worker at Quo Vadis Christian Books in Tempe near ASU (www.cmiaz.org)
- Minister to international students at the Church on Mill (www.churchonmill.com)
- Facilitator of East Valley Community Ministries Consortium (www.evcmc.org)
- Member of the Tempe Salvation Army Advisory Board (www.tempearmy.com)
- Board member for Interfaith Homeless Emergency Lodging Program (www.tcaa.org)
- Pastoral care volunteer at Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital (www.tempestlukeshospital.com)
- Member Arizona Council for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives (www.acfbci.org)
- Board member for Connecting to Serve (www.connectingtoserve.org)
Sarah works with Ben in the ministry as:
- Volunteer manager of Quo Vadis Christian Books in Tempe near ASU (www.cmiaz.org)
- Minister to international students at the Church on Mill, a leader of International Wives and Friends Fellowship, and an ESL teacher (www.churchonmill.com)
- Administrative Assistant to Ben
To contact us:
Ben and Sarah Sanders
c/o Quo Vadis Books
1037 E. Lemon Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
Store Phone: 480-968-3663; Ben’s Mobile: 480-242-2836; Sarah’s Mobile: 480-231-1059.
Our salary, health insurance, and ministry expenses are funded by donations. For tax-deductible contributions, please make checks payable to “Community Ministries” or “CMI” and mail to:
For Ben and Sarah Sanders
P.O. Box 1245
Tempe, AZ 85280-1245.
Or, donate on-line at: www.cmi-ministries.org
Thank you for your prayers and support!